We hold meetings throughout the year (except in July and August) to which everyone is welcome and which are free to attend. We usually have a guest speaker to tell us about a beekeeping topic and the meetings are an ideal opportunity to improve and share your knowledge, be entertained and meet other members over a cup of tea and piece of cake. We normally meet at the Crookham War Memorial Hall, Sandy Lane, Fleet, GU52 8LD at 7:45PM on the second Thursday of each month. We usually have Summer and Christmas socials/meals in a local pub in June and December, and we don’t have evening meetings in July or August – when the beekeeping season is at its busiest.
Members and non-members are welcome to attend our meetings to find out more about our association and beekeeping. Unlike most other BKAs, we don’t charge meeting fees – we just request that you to make a donation to help fund refreshments.
Our planned meetings are shown below – please come along and meet us (and make yourself known to one of the committee).
- 10 Jan: Beekeepers’ Question time
- 14 Feb: Annual General Meeting
- 14 March: Twelve months of Forage; Andy Willis
- 11 April: Luck, Stock & Two smokey beekeepers
- 9 May: Improving your bees; Roger Patterson
- 13 June: Summer Social at the Barley Mow, Winchfield
- July & August: no meeting
- 12 September: Honey extraction demonstration
- 10 October: Honey Show
- 14 November: Event details TBA
- December: Christmas social (date & venue TBA)
- 9 January: The use of Nucs; David Rudland, East Surrey Bees
- 13 February: Annual General Meeting
- 12 March – October: TBA
- 12 November: Wings, Stings and Other Things (under the microscope); James Donaldson, Fleet Beekeepers
If you’re not yet a member, you’ll be made very welcome if you just turn up, but if you can, please make contact beforehand.
If you’re thinking of learning to be a beekeeper, please look at the information about our course and register your interest.
We look forward to meeting you.