Our Association is very active in the local community. We support many local events each year – this is one of the ways we “advance the education of the public in the importance of honey bees to the environment”, part of our charitable objective. We will usually bring some beekeeping artefacts, an observation hive with an active colony of live honey bees (safely secured in the hive) and we’ll often bring some honey to sell. Beekeepers love talking about bees.
We also talk to schools, youth groups, clubs and other community groups about bees and beekeeping.
If you are organising a community event and you’d like us to support you, please use the contact form (see below) and provide us with the details including at a minimum: your organisation, event location, date and time. If we’re not already booked and have volunteer beekeepers who can attend, we will usually come and support you.
We are supporting the following public community events (and more – please check frequently) in 2023:
- Yateley May Fayre; The Green, Reading Road, Yateley; Monday 1st May
- Coronation Celebration; Calthorpe Park, Fleet; Sunday 7th May
- Open Garden Event (Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice); Dinorben Close, Fleet; Sunday 21st May
- Hartley Wintney Village Festival; Hartley Wintney; Saturday 10 June
- Victoria Day Parade; Aldershot; Saturday 10 June
- Yateley Sustainability Fair; Church End Green, Yateley; Saturday 17th June
- Hook Schools Fair, Hook; Saturday 24 June
- Zebon Copse Residents’ Association Fete; Zebon Copse Centre; Danvers Drive, Fleet; Sunday 2nd July
- Aldershot Playfest; Union Street, Aldershot; Saturday 28th August
- Bee Fayre; Wooton St Lawrence; 19th & 20th August (National Honey Day)
- Rushmoor Eco-Fair; Southwood Country Park field centre, Ively Rd, Farnborough; Saturday 9th Sept
- Odiham Village Fete; Odiham; Saturday 9th September
Members of Fleet & District Beekeepers:
- Please consider attending or helping to support the above events. If you can offer help or want to bring some honey to sell please get in touch with the FBKA coordinator via our contact us page (please don’t turn up unexpectedly with honey for sale)
- If you want to support a community engagement event and would like to use our resources (e.g. borrow an observation hive to illustrate a talk you’re giving to a school, group, etc), please use our contact us form