Our Association is very active in the local community. We support many local events each year as this is one of the ways we “advance the education of the public in the importance of honey bees to the environment”, part of our charitable objective. We will usually bring some beekeeping artefacts, an observation hive with an active colony of live honey bees (safely secured in the hive) and we’ll often bring some honey to sell. Beekeepers love talking about bees.
We also talk to schools, youth groups, clubs and other community groups about bees and beekeeping.
If you are organising a community event and you’d like us to support you, please use the contact form (see below) and provide us with the details including at a minimum: your organisation, event location, date and time. If we’re not already booked and have volunteer beekeepers who can attend, we will usually come and support you.
Events we’re supporting in 2022:
- Yateley Fair; Yateley Common; Monday (///workbench.toggle.rectangular), Monday 2nd May 11:30
- Hartley Wintney Festival; Hartley Wintney; Saturday 11 June 12:30
- Victoria Day ; Aldershot Town Centre; Saturday 11 June 10am – 4pm
- Cove Brook Greenway Group Fun Day; Blunden Hall, Farnborough; Sunday 12th June
- Zebon Copse Residents’ Association Fete; Zebon Copse Centre; Danvers Drive, Fleet; Sunday 3rd July
- Dogmersfield, Winchfield & Crookham Village Horticultural show, Dogmersfield, Saturday 16th July
- Rotherwick Fete; Rotherwick; Sunday 17 July
- Crookham Park Allotments Annual Show; Saturday 10th September
- Odiham Fete; Saturday 10 September
Members of Fleet & District Beekeepers:
- Please do consider helping support one of the above events. If you can offer help please get in touch with the FBKA coordinator for the event
- If you want to support a community engagement event and would like to use our resources (e.g. borrow an observation hive to illustrate a talk you’re giving to a school, group, etc), please use our contact us form