I got back from Tokyo on Saturday, and spent some of Sunday and Monday getting the honey into jars. Using clingfilm first to rip the wax that had risen to the top off. Then warming the honey to 80 degrees in the preserve maker Caroline bought for us from Aldi earlier in the year (still in the buckets, inside the warmer full of water) and pouring that, as it was then far runnier, through a filter. Which was a doubled over old net curtain.
Once it was cool again I then used the bucket with a tap to get it into jars and the plastic squeezy bears we got at the Show last year. I’d first put the jars through the dishwasher and the lids through the warmer at a higher temperature to kill any germs.
And I filled everything I had – 61 jars and 8 bears. And still had the bucket with the tap on 2/3rds full. These are 12oz jars, not full 1lb, but still. That’s a lot of honey for a bad year. I’ve started sharing it, and asked for the jars back when people are done. Sorry I didn’t take any photos of the process. Blame the jetlag =O}