We hold meetings throughout the year (except in July and August) in a local community hall (see below) to which everyone is welcome, these are free to attend. We usually have a guest speaker at each meeting and/or a focused event, and cover a diverse range of interesting, relevant and informative beekeeping topics over the year; the meetings are an ideal opportunity to improve your knowledge, be entertained and to swap stories with other beekeepers. If you’re not yet a member and thinking of becoming a beekeeper, come along and meet us – please make contact beforehand if you can, but you’re welcome to just turn up.
If you want to take a beekeeping course, have a look at information about our course to register your interest and join our waiting list.
2023/24 Winter Meetings
The current schedule of meetings is shown below; further details will be added when available and the programme is subject to change and we send email reminders to members in advance of each meeting. Please reserve the following dates in your diary:
- 14 September: Beekeepers’ Question Time (Panel: Christine Coulsting, Graham Read, James Donaldson; chaired by Andrew May-Miller)
- 12 October: FBKA Honey Show
- 9 November: Bee Improvement is Easy: Roger Patterson, BIBBA
- 14 December: Christmas meal – Fox & Hounds, Crookham Rd, Fleet; More details to follow
- 11 January: Honey Bee Behaviour, Jenny Morgan Master Beekeeper, Reading BKA
- 8 February: Annual General Meeting
- 8 March: Manipulations; Claire Morgan
- 18 April: Drone Congregation Areas; Dylan Gussman, ecologist; Meon Valley BKA
- 9 May: A honey bee’s head – under the microscope, James Donaldson, Master Beekeeper, Fleet BKA
- 13 June: Social event – TBA
Meeting are held at the Crookham War Memorial Hall, Sandy Lane, Fleet, GU52 8LD (close to the Wyvern pub). Hall is open from 7:30 for an 8PM start and we look forward to meeting you.
Here are some of the speakers and topics we’ve covered at our recent meetings.