We hold meetings throughout the year (except in July and August) in a local community hall (see below) to which everyone is welcome, these are free to attend. We usually have a guest speaker at each meeting and/or a focused event, and cover a diverse range of interesting, relevant and informative beekeeping topics over the year; the meetings are an ideal opportunity to improve your knowledge, be entertained and to swap stories with other beekeepers. If you’re not yet a member and thinking of becoming a beekeeper, come along and meet us – please make contact beforehand if you can, but you’re welcome to just turn up.
If you want to take a beekeeping course, have a look at information about our course to register your interest and join our waiting list.
2022/23 Winter Meetings
The current schedule of meetings is shown below; further details will be added when available and we send email reminders to members in advance of each meeting. Please reserve the following dates in your diary:
- 8 September: Beekeepers’ Question Time
- 13 October: Honey Show
- 10 November: Fleet Beekeepers’ Mini-convention
- 14 December – Social event at The Station Pub, Fleet Road (Opposite the Railway station)
- 12 January: Plants for Bees; David Rudland, East Surrey Bees
- 9 February: Annual General Meeting
- 9 March: Asian Hornet – experiences in Jersey; Alan Baxter, HBA AHAT coordinator
- 13 April: To be confirmed
- 11 May: All about Varroa – why it’s so bad and what we can do; James Donaldson, Fleet
- June – Honey Extraction Demonstration & Social Event
- July & August – no meetings planned
Meeting are held at the Crookham War Memorial Hall, Sandy Lane, Fleet, GU52 8LD (close to the Wyvern pub). Hall is open from 7:30 for an 8PM start and we look forward to meeting you.
Here are some of the speakers and topics we’ve covered at our recent meetings.