We hold meetings throughout the year (except in July and August) in a local community hall (see below) to which everyone is welcome, these are free to attend. We usually have a guest speaker and/or a focused event, and cover a diverse range of interesting, relevant and informative beekeeping topics over the year; the meetings are an ideal opportunity to improve your knowledge, be entertained and to swap stories with other beekeepers. If you’re not a member and thinking of becoming a beekeeper, come along and meet us – please make contact beforehand if you can, but you’re welcome to just turn up.
If you want to take a beekeeping course, have a look at information about our course and register your interest.
2021/22 Winter Meetings
Our current schedule of meetings is shown below; further details will be added when available and we send email reminders to members in advance of each meeting. Please reserve the following dates in your diary:
- 9 September: Honey Extraction Demonstration
- 14 October: Honey Show
- 11 November: Wings, Stings & Other Things; James Donaldson – Master Beekeeper; Fleet BKA
- December – no meeting
- 13 January: Bees and Pollen; Jean Frost; Meon Valley BKA
- 10 February: Annual General Meeting
- 10 March: All about Queens; Christine Coulsting – Master Beekeeper; Romsey BKA
- 14 April: Swarming, its Prevention & Control; James Donaldson – Master Beekeeper; Fleet BKA
- 12 May: Wax Preparation; Andy Barnes-Willis; Southampton BKA
- June – TBA
- July & August – no meetings planned
Meeting are held at the Crookham War Memorial Hall, Sandy Lane, Fleet, GU52 8LD (close to the Wyvern pub). We meet at 7:40 for an 8PM start and we look forward to meeting you.
Here are some of the speakers and topics we’ve covered at our recent meetings.